Monday 18 September 2017

September 12, 2017

Went to the library

And worked on my giant template related to Day 1 and inputted all the knowledge as best I possibly could on how to write a perfect Day 1 case.

So I did this. A LOT. I perfected my writing form.

I had to analyze how to identify major issues and operating issues or other issues (which contain both).

Then I came up with how to analyze alternatives...

And also learned as many analysis techniques as perfectly as I could:

e.g. NPV, valuation, profitability analysis...

///** flash back to four days ago **///

I saw this Asian guy sitting at my table reading a VPL... I asked him "Hey, what VPL is that for?" His reply was "Accounting" I asked him if he was writing the CFE too, and he said yes!

So I was like hmmm! A classmate! Cool!

After that we chatted a bit, and it seemed he was ready for all 3 days of the CFE... He was a first time writer. Me? A 2nd time writer...

I was planning on only writing the Day 1 Case...

I said goodbye and went on my way home

///** coming out of the flash back **///

So before I left the library, I saw the Asian guy (Ryan) again studying at his desk...

He kept asking me about where my writing location was, which was Odd because I thought we had time to figure that out.

Then while talking to him, I had the realization... I got the dates mixed up. The CFE Day 1 is tomorrow on the 13th! Not the 14th!

Here's the lesson from this: MAKE FRIENDS! AND EXCHANGE AS MUCH INFO AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN!

Honestly, if I never met that Asian guy, I would've tried to write the CFE day 1 on day 2.... hahaaaa XD T_T

So... Yeah, meeting him was a blessing!

Then I went home and studied all the way into the night, again perfecting my analysis techniques and other random stuff I needed to remember.











No comments:

Post a Comment