Tuesday 5 December 2017

December 5th, 2017

The time is now: 4:08 PM

I'm going to try and study until 10:08 PM 

no distractions other than my girlfriend. And honestly she doesn't ask for much attention.

Day 2 and Day 3 material Yaaaas... hey It might be worthwhile to check out my past stuff... hmmm. I'll check out my posts... 

but I already remember! For day 3 i needed to practice speed. for day 2 i did pretty well although my par report said i could have done better with management accounting. Okay even though that's being done and said... 

I'm going to make a folder which shows what I've understood and what I haven't... 

I wonder... if I can make another nice website... trueeee... 

like one with YES! I think I already have it... one with security!!!! it's called my own PC lol... alrighty... so... Yes "Let's do it now!"

Time is now: 5:29 PM

I edited the Board Report to reflect only Day 2 and Day 3 material (took out all the day 1 stuff since I won't be doing that anymore).

I didn't manage to print out the PAR i ordered since my printer is out of ink and I'm out of paper! I should get a business account at staples and charge this to my company since technically I'm doing all this for my business!!!

I paid any debt I was in ... So right now 8-) I'm debt free!

But now I need to take note of the transactions that occured in quickbooks... DONE!

Okay so the time is now: 6:11 PM... I would like to take a break... I think I earned it from the little work that I did ^^;;....

Since this is literally my last chance to pass the CFE... I'm going to keep that in mind... I really want to pass this so badly. Especially if this is treated as a last attempt... I wouldn't want to have any regrets. Like I regret taking that break. So I'll try to keep my breaks short and concentrated...

Also I'd like to get rid of breaks where I watch TV or play games altogether. Breaks are fine and essential... But I just don't want any excuses you know? This is really important to me. So I'm going to try my ultimate best!

3 comments:

  1. I've been ninja following your blog.

    It is waaay too early to study right now. I failed Day 2/3 on my first attempt. And I started studying back in late June/early July. Don’t bother reviewing just technical notes – practice more on writing cases. You will get your technical review when you are debriefing the cases.

    Also, make sure you’re doing the full Day 2 case in exam setting. Write in secure exam and sit for the full 5 hours. Once you’re done, take a break and then do a light debrief. Go through the marking guide, sample solution, and marking grid. The next day, do a full debrief immediately while everything is still fresh in your head.

    Also, don’t focus on the amount of time spent studying, but rather focus on whether you have the technical knowledge down and are able to apply it. For the common topics, you should able to immediately identify errors in the case and potential solutions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent advice! Definitely see the value in practicing more on writing cases and reviewing technical material as you go a long.

      Also agree it would be ideal to write in the securexam setting and using actual writing times. Yes, those resources are definitely great.

      Alrighty. That's great advice too. Focus on having technical knowledge down. I do think the amount of work (or experience gathered) will make you a stronger candidate for passing. Those queue cards are slightly helpful. But the one way I really dominated my day 2 was having super strong assurance and accounting skills. Of course I did cases... But oddly enough I always looked at the solution. That really got me in trouble on Day 3 since I was having trouble with the time constraints and more importantly my tax skills were too weak. I didn't expect to see that much tax! Or strategy & governance! Anyways, thanks for the advice and reading the blog! I'll try to keep it up to date! Peace!

      Delete